Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank screen after boot into Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TotallyMental

TotallyMental

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

Using Windows repair to fx a slow Windows 7 machine; Lenovo Thnkstation C20,  booted into Safe Mode as per instructions. The PC made all of the signs of rebootng but the screen has stayed blank ever since.

This means I don't know if the reboot has worked, where to click to go to the next phase, or how to get out of Safe Mode. There s NOTHING on screen.

What do I do to recover from this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TotallyMental

TotallyMental
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

Sorry about the missing "i"s from the post - havng to use an old laptop with a stcky key!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

Power the system down.

Try to reboot into safe mode, let us know if that is successful.

Are you sure that your monitor is functioning properly?  Have you tried an external monitor?

Louis

#4 Cid6-7

Cid6-7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

Do you have a cursor and thats it ? If so it sounds like the Neshta.A virus it attacks all .exe files, after awhile nothing works

I had the same problem with a machine a month or so ago. Took me over a week of messing around with data recovery trying to backup most I could but finally said enough's enough & ran diskpart from cmd (ctrl F10) off win7 install disk. 

If you dont need anything off it Your best bet is to format the HDD, get rid of everything on the pc and start fresh.  :thumbup2:

Or you can try this to try and restore

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/migr-4ufuyk

#5 TotallyMental

TotallyMental
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks for the support.

There was no signal to the monitor, so I had no cursor, no anything. I don't believe in coincidence, so didn't try this until 24 hours later; the PC has 2 graphics cards and I wondered if it would make any difference if I switched the connection to the other one. Instant success! The graphics card must have failed when I rebooted to safe mode. Everything fine now, and no techies involved!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:59 AM

Nice work, thanks for letting us know your resolution.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users