Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

99% / 100% disc used up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 barry0barry

barry0barry

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

I have a HP laptop on windows 10. it is running at 99% to 100% on the disc space (not sure what that is) i have had a look at some things online about how to solve it and deleted or switch somethings off but it didnt work and virus scan found nothing. hope someone can help me out. also i have lots of processe running i dont know if i need them or not.

i have added pictures of it thank you

Attached Files

Edited by barry0barry, 20 November 2017 - 05:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

This has nothing to do with disk space, you can see how much of that you're using up in File Explorer if you click on "This PC" and look at what shows up.

What's represented here is disk input/output (write/read).  It is not at all unusual to have spikes in disk usage, particularly by system processes when everything else is idle.   Have you ever just walked away from the machine for a while and checked it later?   It should not do this constantly, but there can be significant spikes that last anywhere from a few minutes to longer where there is high disk I/O.

I can say, though, that I more typically see this with the Antimalware Service, not Service Host.  See these DuckDuckGo search results for a range of things you might consider in light of what's causing the issue.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

As britechguy said, that isn't disk space, it is disk usage.

How much RAM do you have in the machine?  If you have 4GB of RAM that would be a contributing factor.

Is this constant, or mainly when you turn the machine on?

The HP Active Health is supposed to be a scheduled task.  This is something you could disable if you wanted and that might help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users