Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non-system Apps Won't Let Me Uninstall Them?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarshmallowMillicent

MarshmallowMillicent

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

I recently installed an app on my phone called "Smart Phone" and another one called "Smart Contacts". These are not system apps, and yet I can only uninstall updates and force stop them. My friend has this same issue, with a chinese application that she did not install. This is not an issue from one brand alone, as her phone is a Micromax and mine is a ZTE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 painfullregistry

painfullregistry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

Hi,

Where did you two get these apps from, playstore? I seen apps there by those names, and there is nothing that indicates the normal uninstall from either playstore or app manager,shouldn't work. They don't require device administrator privileges. And it would be helpful to know developer names, which should be listed on download page. Also, what devices, specifically, as they make lots of models, & operating system version you both have. Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo?

If you did not install these apps, but we're present when you bought phones, then they might be system installed by the manufacture or your carrier. If you have other apps on device that do same thing, then change your settings for default apps. You can download complete owners manuals inline. Just search your device name, & manuals. Then find the file using your file manager app.most don't realize the little book that comes with phones is only a starter guide. Manuals are 2-3 hundred pages.

Edited by painfullregistry, 21 November 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#3 MarshmallowMillicent

MarshmallowMillicent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:25 AM

Yes I installed them from the playstore, it is running lolipop.

#4 painfullregistry

painfullregistry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

Well, then, unless these apps have administrator privileges, then they should be uninstallable from playstore or app manager. Are you saying there is no tab or button on either of those pages to let you uninstall, or that it just won't work? Also, see if there are uninstall option from in app settings. But, at this point, I honestly think you confused an update, to these apps, as actually a fresh install. Also, OEMs and carriers actually add new apps with major updates to the operating systems, and many times, they are system installed, meaning you can't get rid of them. If you want to use other apps, then you might just uninstall all updates,clear cache, & data, then force stop if disable is not an option. But, rebooting could cause them to start again, depending on how they were installed.

Please describe the actions you took to try to uninstall, and or show screenshots too, of any relevant information. It would be very helpful if you could show me exactly which apps you have. Or use the share option in playstore to copy and paste a link here. We might not be talking about same ones as I looked up.

Edited by painfullregistry, 23 November 2017 - 01:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users