Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unplugged my headset and now my microphone doesnt work pls help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 c0dify

c0dify

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

I unplugged it to change my computer to another space and then when i plugged it to play my microphone didnt work at all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

If you unplugged the computer to move it to a new location then try a powercycle with the headset removed. Remove the power cord and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power cord and boot. If a laptop also remove the battery before holding the power button down if the battery is easily accessible.

Another thing to check. Right click your speaker with the headset attached. Select Recording devices. Make sure you have a green check mark on the recording device.If not right click and select default device.

Is this a USB headset?

#3 c0dify

c0dify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

If you unplugged the computer to move it to a new location then try a powercycle with the headset removed. Remove the power cord and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power cord and boot. If a laptop also remove the battery before holding the power button down if the battery is easily accessible.

Another thing to check. Right click your speaker with the headset attached. Select Recording devices. Make sure you have a green check mark on the recording device.If not right click and select default device.

Is this a USB headset?

Its not USB and I have tried that and it didnt work thx for tying to help tho

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? Was a driver install required for the headset?

#5 c0dify

c0dify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? Was a driver install required for the headset?

There arent any yellow exclamtion marks and no driver was installed

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

What is the OS on this computer?

Do you have a restore point before the problem occurred? Any programs installed after the restore point would need to be reinstalled. If XP make sure you move any or files placed on the desktop after the restore point is moved to My Documents.

May help.

https://www.onlinemictest.com/microphone-settings/windows-7/

Edited by JohnC_21, 25 November 2017 - 12:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users