Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OCR and OneNote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PDN

PDN

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

I just typed about 60 characters but they never posted when I clicked submit. I have Windows 10, and am using Chrome. All is up to date.

I will copy and paste this.

In a nut shell office 2010 home and student with onenote does not allow for OCR to fix errors.

I have spent hours so if someone can sell me if my set up is capable and maybe a tip to get it working I would be very grateful.

Edited by PDN, 20 November 2017 - 02:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,827 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

I have already mentioned to you that some users have been having issues with "disappearing text" when posting to BleepingComputer, and that "some" includes members of staff.  Thusfar we have been unable to determine a root cause.  For those who are experiencing this with any regularity we suggest that you always do a select all (Ctrl+A) and copy (Ctrl+C) prior to hitting the "Post" button.  If the post has disappearing text then immediately edit it and paste what you just copied.  It always seems to stick when doing an Edit.  With any luck the root cause will eventually be determined.

OCR means "optical character recognition" and is not connected in any way to spell check, which is what it sounds like you're describing.  If that's the case, see these DuckDuckGo search results for options on how to fix issues with spell check in Office 2010.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sorry if my reply was acerbic. I guess I was just ruminating. 

Re: OCR and OneNote,I have no issue with spell check, it is that I am unable to create OCR with OneNote as MS says one can.

I was just looking for some guidance.

Edited by PDN, 20 November 2017 - 06:03 PM.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,827 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

I don't use OneNote at all, so am not familiar with its OCR function.  I generally use OCR on PDF files that were scanned during the "image only" era but that contain text in them that would be searchable if scanned now with OCR at the time of scanning.

Something in these search results may help.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

I understand.

Edited by PDN, 20 November 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#6 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

I prefer to complete a thread I begin.

I used the control panel>programs and features>MS Office>rt click>change and enabled OCR..

Now when I insert a document to OneNote, I copy paste in Word. I double click it and the doc is able to move characters around.

​Perhaps this will help someone else.

Please consider solved.

Edited by PDN, 24 November 2017 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users