Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden Internet Explorer Menu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Empty Agenda

Empty Agenda

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

Hey guys,
I can't see the menu in my internet explorer, but it's still there, only without the texts ( file, edit ... ). And pressing alt+F would show the file drop-down menu. I tried a lot of things, I uninstalled then installed it, tried spybot, ad-aware. And when I tried to browse bleepingcomputer, it only opened the index page. It didn't open any internal link of the website. So I got firefox, and now I'm using it to write this.
And since this happened, I have been getting a lot of "not responding" errors, causing me to restart.
I can post a hijackthis log if it's necessary.

Edited by Empty Agenda, 24 September 2006 - 07:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

Have you run your anti-virus and anti-adware/malware scans recently(Today)?
Are these problems presenting the same as last time you posted a Hijack Log?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Empty Agenda

Empty Agenda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:24 AM

I'm not currently using an anti-virus. Spybot and add-aware were doing all the work I need. But I guess now I'm gonna need an anti-virus. Can you recommend any downloadable anti-virus?
And I feel like Hijackthis log is different, I posted it on the hjt forum.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:04 AM

Hi Empty Agenda

It appears that you have an active HJT log you posted this morning. Please follow only the advice of the HJT team member until that log closes. Following advice outside of that post will cause confusion for the member working the log and may extend your time to repair.

After completetion of the log, take a look at the top of this posting: Freeware replacements

Good luck with your HJT log.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 Empty Agenda

Empty Agenda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Ok, thanks.
I'm sorry about the double posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users