This topic needs to be moved to the Am I Infected, What Do I Do? forum. The security tools you need to run can not be used in the Windows forums.
Please post the Malwarebytes log in your topic.
To find the log click/tap on the File Explorer
in the task bar.
Click/tap on This PC
, then click/tap on the ssd/hdd which contains Windows 10 with the operating system, in most cases this is the C: Drive.
When the C: Drive opens click/tap on Windows
, then Logs
, then CBS
The Malwarebytes log will be found there. It is time stamped and dated, so you should be able to distinguish which log you want if there is more than one.
Copy the entire log and post it titled as Malwarebytes Log.
Please run the following scans in the order they are requested and post their logs in the same order.
Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit
and save it to your desktop.
Double click on Emsisoft Emergency Kit
file on your desktop.
The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes
so that it downloads the latest database updates.
When the update is complete, click on MALWARE SCAN
. When asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs
, click Yes
Emsisoft Emergency Kit will start scanning.
When the scan is completed click on Quarantine
When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report
button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad. Copy the log and paste it in your topic.
Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop, and post the contents in your next reply.
- When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process
- Please download Malwarebytes Antirootkit, follow the prompts to install it.
In the introduction page you will be asked to agree on the license agreement, by clicking Next you will be agreeing to the terms of the license.
You will be prompted to update the database, click on Update, then Next.
To start the scan click on Scan.
When the scan has completed it will display either Scan Finished: No malware found, or Malware Found. Click on Next to continue.
Be sure that each check box has a check in it, and make sure there is a check mark in the Create Restore point box. Click on Cleanup. Please click on Yes to restart the computer.
Please run TDSSKiller.
Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.
The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long. If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan. If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.
1. Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
2. Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.
If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.
3. Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.
4. If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. If threats are found you will see a screen like the one below.
***Do NOT select Delete!
Click on Continue.
5. Click on Reboot computer.
Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (in most cases this is c: Drive) and paste it into your next reply.
Note: The log may be very long. You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log in your topic.
Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run
till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need
to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***
ESET Online Scanner
- Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that
- Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- If threats are found click on Save to text file in Documents.
- Open Documents, find the report, copy and paste it in your topic.
Edited by dc3, 19 November 2017 - 10:35 AM.