Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

diskcryptor windows failed to start: oh no!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VinceP

VinceP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Someone in my household thought it was smart to encrypt the computer. He used Diskcryptor and we have the correct password.

However, even though he probably did things correctly, after starting the computer it says windows failed to start. So it is not possible to give the password or access my data.

Ive read some things about LiveCD, but I cant seem to understand it.
There is not a liveCD created on the now encrypted computer. Is it possible to still safe the data?
Can I create an boot usb with diskcryptor on a different computer on it to enter the password? How does it work?

The encrypted one is a windows 7pc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 AM

You may want to have a look at this thread. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485074/hi-encrypt-drive-and-computer-wont-fully-boot%3b-truecrypt-experts-check-here/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users