Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet Connection when connected to VPN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tropss

tropss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

Hi, I have set up VPN (PPTP) connection on my home computer (windows 10). I'am trying to connect to it from my work computer to be able to use some files. I can connect to it and use files, but then I'am connected to VPN my internet stops working (I can't browse any website). Same things happening when connecting from android device. 

I have tryed to ucheck "use default gateway on remote network" on my work computer and after this problem is solved, but I can't reach files on home computer anymore (error: windows cannot access \\IP)

I think I have to change some settings on my home computer, so everything would work from work computer, android device, and any device... but what settings exactly ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

Hello

When you connect to your home computer this one becomes responsible for doing the routing of the traffic.
This means that if you want to go out on the internet, your home computer must be able to forward the traffic out on your home internet connection.

Also, you will need a working DNS server. This would typically be the gateway device on your home network, or you could just use Googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

Hth

tfn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users