Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Issues...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MortTheBeast

MortTheBeast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

Still running my old system from 9 yrs ago and wanted to up the memory and having issues. So I have the Maximus Formula with Rampage bios conversion and originally installed I have 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator 1066 5-5-5-15 @ 2.10 volts.

So I found 2x 2GB of the same memory online used and tested with MemTest.

So with all 4 sticks it will not post. So I tried it with just the 2 newer sticks and boots fine reading 4GB just like with the older 2 sticks. Running either set in A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 it works fine.

I tried with 3 sticks and Windows tells me 6GB but 3GB usable

(Memory Remap Feature Enabled)

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by MortTheBeast, 17 November 2017 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

You need to find out what the Max Memory for that board is ?

If you install 3 Sticks = 6GB and it says usuable 3GB then you may be running 32Bit Operating System / 64Bit will show full amount.

If anyone else is going to assist you , you will need to give more info : Windows Version / Mobo / etc.

Or Download Speccy  -  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/    and post the results.

#3 MortTheBeast

MortTheBeast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:27 AM

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Max Memory is 8GB for my board. I figured out the issue with running 3 sticks... I needed to put the 3rd one in the second white slot not the first and now it sees all 6GB. But still won't even post with the 4th stick.

Edited by MortTheBeast, 18 November 2017 - 03:30 AM.

#4 MortTheBeast

MortTheBeast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Nobody? I hate to sound like a pest, but this really important to me. I fell on hard times like a lot of people and it's been ongoing now for 7 yrs as I fight for disability and thus why I haven't been able to afford any upgrades in a long time. The only reason I was even able to get these 2 extra sticks of RAM is because of a very good friend, whom also helped me with a roof over my head in Arkansas 7 yrs ago to keep me from being on the street. I really need this 4th stick so I can play PUBG with this friend. My ailing pc is "literally" my only source of entertainment. Can't afford a tv or the service... only got internet and my pc.

So any help... would be of the utmost appreciated.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users