Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Strange Visitors to my Site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bassnhat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

I have an Aabaco website and since last night, I've been getting visits from all over the world from the following referrer: seocheckupx.com

I've received about 20 hits, covering almost every continent.   Prior to last night, the referrer was always Google, Facebook, Duckduckgo, etc.  Does anyone, by any chance, know anything about a referrer: seocheckupx.com ?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sasschary

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 626 posts
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Hi, bassnhat,

I don't know for sure on this, but I have a pretty strong guess that the referrer is something related to Search Engine Optimization (seocheckupx.com). Additionally, if you go to the URL, the site it redirects to provides SEO services. My guess is that Aabaco may have recently started providing SEO services and that they are doing that through Semalt, the company which owns the seocheckupx.com domain.

Hopefully this helps.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 bassnhat

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hello, Sasschary.

Thank you so much!  That makes perfect sense.

Take care, and thank you again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users