Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help pls asap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lothric00

Lothric00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Hey everyone new to the forums, I might be in a sticky situation. Im not tech savvy so bare with me, my brother was downloading sims 2 off of Pirate Bay, and somehow he managed to get a virus. I dont think the torrent itself was the issue but one of the cracks was missing so he went off and downloaded one off the internet and this is where I think he fd up. This is my school laptop so Im in some deep water if I dont get this fixed.. whatever he downloaded it came with some Russian applications, Im afraid that my personal data might be jn jeopardy. I had a vpn running at the time but idk if that plays a key role in protecting me from certain attacks. They managed to change my language settings to Russian so my desktop is unreadable. When I search up administrations theres something that has popped up credential manager thats never been there before, should I be worried?? I disconnected from the WiFi and set my laptop on airplane mode. I tried deleting the programs but they kept reappearing over and over so Im out of ideas. My firewall went crazy kept telling me there was a threat but Im afraid they were overriding my laptop so I couldnt do much. Pls I need help I can provide pics if needed

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2017 - 02:04 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Unworn_Kilt

Unworn_Kilt

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

G'day,

That sort of thing is going to happen when you use sites like the one you mentioned.

I'm just a standard member, not a Qualified Malware Removal Expert. I'm limited by a couple of factors here:

1. You're running Pirated software!   :nono:
  2. The use of Pirated Software is Illegal and can land you in trouble with the FBI.
  3. Forum Rules limit what tools I can use.

I would imagine the fact you're using Pirated Software likely explains why you haven't had a response from an expert.

I would suggest that you do the following:

• Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop
  • Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply.
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup(If any.)
  • Click Exit to close the program.

Once you have an English language back, assuming this tool returns it, get rid of your Pirated Software and we may continue.

Also note that the MAJORITY of PIRATED SOFTWARE CONTAINS MALWARE!!

Kilt.   :police: 

*Note that I run on Australian Time. I do my best to be around on USA Eastern time for part of the day.

*Please don't expect an immediate result.

PLEASE NOTE

I am only a Standard Member,  NOT a Trained Malware Removal Expert. If you have ANY concerns regarding any advice I may give, please contact a Member of Staff before making changes.

Thanks!

** Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users