Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IIAMA refresh 144HZ - but one time booted with lower value

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sew333

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

My pc:
*Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu
*Corsair 750 RM
*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition
*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.
Few days ago i get power outage. Power outage was because fuse was tripped because of kitchen which was turned on in other room.
When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz.
When i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again. 
So that was bug or that power outage related? 
But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time. 
Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?
So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage. 
But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10.
PS: I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.
Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing?

Edited by sew333, 17 November 2017 - 01:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,071 posts
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

I am worrying for nothing?

I think your are. If I am reading your post correctly it only happened once and you couldn't get it to repeat. Put this down as a 'blip' and don't worry about it unless it was to start doing it regularly. As Ian Fleming said in one of his novels, 'Goldfinger' I think, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action !"

Chris Cosgrove

#3 sew333

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

Somebody said that this was because dirty power in house? Believe him? But like i said. I just turn off monitor, and turn back on again, and refresh was fine again , 144hz. And i am not able to reproduce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users