Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My FB account was hacked/ recovering security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymystic

Anonymystic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hi :) I hope this is the right topic to post under. I had my Facebook account hacked- I found out it was being signed in pretty regularly from about 5 different devices in a specific other US location, since February.. but based on the difficulty in finally getting to where I could reset my password without my account still being automatically logged in from that location when I signed in (and overriding my entry altogether as signing in from my current location), I am wondering if the hacker has had potential to access other passwords, like emails or bank account. After having a suspicion of who the hacker is, I looked on his Facebook "About" page and saw that he has had a high position at ISP companies, which I suspect has something to do with how he got access to my passwords. 

So, ultimately I am wanting to know, should I just change all my passwords from my PC and never log into any accounts from my phone ever again? Because it wasn't til I changed my password from my PC that the automatic Facebook logins from the other location stopped. It seems that he has access to my phone data entry specifically. I'd been trying to change my FB password from my phone prior, and even with the two factor authentication it would still show I was automatically being logged in at the other location right after changing my password each time.

And if I were to change all my account passwords on my PC, would he see that I'm logging in (if he possibly has all my passwords), and then see what I'm changing the new passwords to? I just got a new laptop which I have set up to where I have to sign into my Microsoft account upon turning it on, and I feel withdrawn now from even using it because I'm confused and paranoid.

Thanks so much for any help anyone could give on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Change your passwords. He won't see anything...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Anonymystic

Anonymystic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping someone with experience dealing with this particular sort of situation would be able to tell me if the person who illegally stole my FB password because of having access to it at the type of job he works at, would only have access to it if I use my phone to sign in.. Like in being that it's possible to obtain someone's PW that way when they sign in on their phone, is it also possible for them to when they sign in on the PC? I'm wanting to understand this better because obviously I don't want any of my accounts hacked again. 

Also I would like to understand how he was making my FB account automatically sign in from a different location upon me personally signing in.. And when I would sign in, it wouldn't even show a sign in from my location, only his.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users