Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard virus !!! keyboard typing on its own!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael4788

Michael4788

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

hi,

i'm Michael, i'm new here !! and i really need help with my HP laptop 

yesterday my laptop's keyboard start typing on it's own and lagged .. i thought the keyboard need replacement .. and i bought a wireless keyboard .. the new one works fine however after some time the original keyboard start typing on it's own again .. so im guessing it's a malware or virus infecting my laptop !!!

im not sure what to do really ... any help is appreciated ..!!!!

note: i have kaspersky installed and it didn't detect anything !!

im operating win 8.1 64 bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wseng92

wseng92

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by uninstalling the keyboard driver from Device Manager.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot test the keyboard again and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it does, connect an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it works normal with a USB keyboard you may need to do a complete factory reset with your laptop to really identify if it's a hardware or software problem.
- If resetting your laptop back to factory would not solve the problem then it's the keyboard itself that is faulty.

#3 Michael4788

Michael4788
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for your reply..
I already uninstalled the built in keyboard.. And i installed a wireless keyboard..
The wireless keyboard works fine however the built-in keyboard from time to time interfere and type on its own while im using the wireless keyboard!!
And my mouse lags also...
I checked if my built-in keyboard keys is pressed hard.. But its not!!

If i do a factory reset.. Would it erase all data on my hard drive?!
I can't afford this to be hones!

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:01 AM

Yes it will erase all data if you Reset to Factory.

Backup all your Data to an external Drive first.

You could also Uninstall the Keyboard Driver { Dont Reboot } and plug the USB Keyboard in and see what happens.

When you do reboot , it will reinstall.

Last resort disconnect the Ribbon Cable within Laptop if that is the actual Problem and the USB works ok, or replace the Keyboard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users