Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with RGB lighting sync

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jade31

Jade31

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

I did not build my computer, I hand picked the parts and had another company build it.  It runs beautifully but I may have goofed up with RGB compatiblity.

I specifically picked out RGB compatible parts, but now I am totally confused which hardware controls it through which program....

Aura is for Asus motherboard, I have MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon AM4 ATX w/RGB Crossfire

MSI Mystic is for MSI graphics card, I have AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 (this one I really dont know if it is RGB capable, it does say it has an RGB sync on Radeon's website but I have no idea how to find that)

All the lights currently just fade from one color to another in sync (except keyboard and mouse do their own fading and not sync'd) and I don't know how to control it, plus to add to the complication (because I just assumed anything RGB capable would pair up or sync) my keyboard and mouse are also RGB:

Skorpion K2 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard

Rocksoul 6D optical gaming mouse (it cycles through colors, so I am assuming it is RGB)

Just curious if anyone can figure out which program I download to change the light pattern, my computer is absolutely beautiful and the keyboard and mouse but I would love to be able to change the color pattern.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sandman1374

sandman1374

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

My first thought would be to try the latest version from MSI. (sorry I don't know MSI SW history)

I've run the latest from Asus on my C6H. Use only one utility (not multiple at same time).

Custom, AMD R7 1800x @ 3925MHz. ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2 x 8GB G-Skill Flare-X @ 3466MHz 14-13-13-26-1T, Samsung 960 m.2 NVMe OS. Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD OC OS. 2TB WD Blck data, 4TB WD Red Storage, EVGA G2 850 PSU, HD7970 3GB w/XSPC Razor WB. EK C6H Monoblock,  D5 Vario, RX360 rad,RS360 rad, EX140 rad, Xigmatek Elysium. Win10 Pro x64, Linksys WRT1900 ACS, Firefox Beta, Avast Free, Malwarebytes Pro, CCleaner,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users