Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I downloaded windows 10 and then reverted back to 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 redapple46

redapple46

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

After downloading Windows 10 and trying it for a couple days I decided that I didnt like it mainly because my computer did not feel like it was running properly (random lag and frame issues) and i also encountered the infamous blue screen of death twice within those two days. I searched on how to revert my computer to windows 7 and turns out it is very simple for a limited time after downloading windows 10. I started the process and Once it finished and attenpted to reboot to windows 7, It encountered a blue screen once again... I am almost positive this is a driver problem with Windows itself.

SOME USEFUL INFO:
-I DO NOT have any system restore files (i cant use system restore at all)
-I have tried system repair tool and have run the test but it has failed multiple times
-the config cannot run anything because it has a repair pending
-Safe mode allows me to run windows up to the point where i am supposed to put in my password to log in but it does not recognize my mouse and keyboard so i cant type

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Post the link to the instructions you followed in your attempt to revert back to Win 7 from Win 10, please.

Louis

#3 redapple46

redapple46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

Link to instructions (this dies not use third party. Done through Windows 10 settings): https://www.pcworld.com/article/3074020/windows/how-to-go-back-to-windows-7-or-8-after-an-unwanted-windows-10-upgrade.html

I built my system myself.

I originally downloaded windows 7 through a disc my friend had and I do not have it anymore.

Edited by redapple46, 16 November 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

Do you have a valid license for any version of Windows?  If so...what version?

I ask this to prevent a lot needless comments on a system that has no legal install of Windows.

Louis

#5 pete515

pete515

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Also check the BIOS that the boot disk is set to the right configuration (ACPI or SATA if I remember correctly). I often got BSOD on load up because the BIOS for the hard disk was using ACPI instead of SATA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users