Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse acting up - windows tone when it does

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ramdrive77

Ramdrive77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hi all.  A few days ago my mouse would randomly stop working for a few (3-5) seconds and I would hear a windows tone.  This activity occurs randomly and is not in a pattern.  My first thought was malware or a rootkit.  I run malware-bytes and spy bot search and destroy, with nothing found  >fully protected<  >no issues found<.  After deep scans by both of these this activity still occurs.  I tried Viper as well still no issues found.  However I know I am infected.  Several years ago I was infected with a beeping rootkit.  I tried everything I knew but this code was very well written as it would morph and hide.  In that case I had to do a complete reformat of my DH, and reinstall.  I am a very cautious user.  Any ideas?  I recently replaced my wireless router and secured it. Running W 7 on a dell machine, thank you for your time and suggestions.  Gill

Edited by hamluis, 16 November 2017 - 03:35 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users