Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Not booting to Startup Settings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ezraen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

So I've got an Asus GL552J running a dual boot of Debian and Win 10, with Win10 as my primary usage. I've been wanting to update to the latest Creators Update, and now booting has turned into an event to never look forward to. Windows attempts to update, goes to 100%, fails and undoes changes. All articles concerning updating have failed so far, and when I resorted to refreshing my PC, was when I realised that something really _special_ had occurred. Startup Settings results in an instant error(d000000f), and even the Refresh failed. Because there is no Startup Settings, there is no Safe Mode. Even creating boot media fails as a method, because for some reason, my UEFI/BIOS doesn't want me using two windows boot mediums, forcing me to select either one to boot, rendering the boot media useless for repair of my internal hard drive, because only one or the other can be mounted at a time. And now I'm here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users