Hello to Anyone willing to Help- As usual, I know just enough to be dangerous! I apologize if I jumped the gun here but I took it upon myself to download and run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool because of a rather wide variety of issues with my desktop computer,(windows 10, 64-bit). Well, now I have all of this information and not a clue what to do, for sure, to fix anything.
Now, I say "variety of issues" because there could be something simple here and I am just paranoid or it could be that I have just been running this rag computer on her last leg and wearing bandaids for so long now that I have probably just become accustomed to just how fouled up the situation may be here. lol
At any rate, here are a few issues I did not understand and felt enough concern to run the tool.
Most recently installed McAfee Total security -and it was malfunctioning so i uninstalled and have been using Windows Defender alone since( 11-13-17 until today 11/16/17)
computer debilitated for a significant part of all of my daily usage time from high CPU usage, but by what source is something that is above my scope of knowledgeEven with the "help" of tech support- they do not have the answer to the error messages generated by the product portal here on my computer (Not Protected, and port and program vulnerabilities) As long as the "Virtual Technician Tool says there is no problem on your device" they "Pros" just feel I am supposed to eat-poo and smile politely right?
Network setup is ISP Centurylink, provides Norton Security with Online backup -I lack confidence in all three,never trusted NOB, and when you take into account the "free" security with internet, well...
I have used AVG- problems- bad
The "Network" - Private, Public? (No one of authority has ever given me a clear concise answer and so my uncertainty into paranoia raves on....)
- to the network- 1 modem wireless capabilty
- three(3) users in the household, numerous devices- windows 10 pc, laptops, android phones, android tablet, amazon fire kindle tablet - all different security providers and questionable internet carousing, probably
- all use same connection to internet-
- Network properties change at random, network properties are well populated- adapters and connections that ISP wants me to pay extra service fee for them to explain; however, all the while, it is impossible to create a simple "homegroup" connection for me right here in my own bedroom between a laptop and a desktop for the simple reason of my wanting to stay clear of Microsoft OneDrive in any and all capacities.. go figure?
- Browser redirect, and a little i in a circle sometimes replaces the green secure lock in the browser bar
- SLOW very slow computer, GOogle browser gets jacked up in some form or fashion at least every other week -requiring resetting a gazillion settings ( online school quirks) uninstalling, reinstalling, and all for the sad reasoning that I only prefer using Google because of the Midnight lizard extension compatibility- no other browser has this and my eyes depend on it.
- I have Microsoft Office 365 provided by my school- love Word, PPT, Excel, but am uncomfortably uncertain about everything that is Microsoft One-World! Privacy issues are present, confirmed vulnerabilities but no resolve through Microsoft or campus tech non-support department.
- There is more but if anyone is still reading this, then Bless your Heart and I'll quit cause you have endured enough
Said all that to say this: the logs are attached from the FSRT which i ran twice because the first time I included the extra check marks and I think that was overkill. sorry. I apologize for the mad chaos this all must appear on the surface, but remember that I admit to the curse of knowing just enough to be dangerous but not enough to be wary! Thanks so much for any and all assistance. My name is Tara and I hope to hear from ya'll