Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 its2easy

its2easy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:16 AM

I am guessing I have some sort of adware virus. This is kind of hard to explain. When i use my yahoo search, all of the normal results come up, then 2 seconds later more results pop-up but i can tell it is spy/adware. How can i find this and get rid of it? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:47 AM

There are several free applications that will scan your hard drive and get rid of most spyware. These two programs, Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-AwareSE are hightly recommended and used by members of this board. Once you have installed these two, be sure to update them (they have definitions just like anti-virus software), and then run them.
If you still have problems after using the two applications, post back, and we can take additional steps.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users