Hi. Earlier today I accidentally spilled some water on my laptop. It was plugged in and turned on at the time. Most of the water spilled on the left side of the laptop including all over that part of the keyboard. I immediately sopped up the water with a paper towel. While doing so my hand hit the power button and it shut off. I removed the keyboard and looked below and could only see a small drop or two of water that appears to have gone through. It was right about where the network adapter is. Some also splashed under and got some of the battery but not much. The rest went on the screen and the touchpad.
I cleaned it up put everything back together and not thinking it was that bad tried to turn the computer on. Nothing. If I unplugged it and tried it with just the battery in the power light would flicker but the computer would not turn on. None of the four lights on the computer will turn on at all now.
Right now I have it just sitting here with the battery out and the power source unplugged. I can't find any other place internally other than the keyboard and the bit next to the network adapter that went through.
I'm not sure what to do at this point. Could it have shorted the keyboard and that just won't let it start? Should I let it sit for a few days, contact a repair shop, or call it a loss and go buy another one?
Its a Dell Inspiron 15R.