Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardrive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imortal

imortal

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

hello my hardrive is not workign each time i boot my computer it says disk boo failure and some time it says remove disk or any other media even though i dont have anything in my cd or floppy drives

my hardrive is noy making any noises i cannot hear it spin and it only flashes once all the cables are plugged in perfectly any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:59 PM

Sounds like your hard drive died. I would run a diagnostic on it and see what it comes up with.

Edited by Gary335, 24 September 2006 - 12:00 AM.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:00 AM

Download Everest V 1.51 from Oldversion.com in the utilities section.
Install it and run it.
http://www.oldversion.com

In the physical drives section it will tell you the hardware manufacturer who made your hard drive and the model numbers of the drive/s.

(You will also find that info in "Storage" under "ATA" and in the "smart" catagory (if enabled in the bios) it will tell you the status of the hard drive which should be "Always Passing". If not, you may have a problem with the drive.

In any case, knowing what manufacturer made the hard drive should enable you to download diagnostics which will give better information on whether the drive is good or bad. It should also provide a link to the manufacturer's website.

Try booting in safe more with networking if normal mode does not enable completion of the boot into Windows.

Edited by Enthusiast, 24 September 2006 - 08:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users