Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing is DL or installing, internet has gone slowórootkit?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 idunnoagoodusername

idunnoagoodusername

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

So my HP Slim Pavilion desktop has been just fine before, but suddenly nothing would download. It was the first desktop I've used, not that old, but I got a new desktop from a friend. This issue first appeared on that desktop. One day the internet would still work, but dramatically slow. When downloading anything, it would always have DL a few mb or kb, then stay there and never finish. I tried the quick option on Dan's Nuke and Boot, but the problem persisted on my Windows 7 Home Premium. Thus I switched back to my HP Pavilion, which was working fine before, and continued to work fine until today. The same problem is occurring, nothing finishes downloading. My friends desktop also wouldn't install anything; I'm not so sure about mine, but I think it does as I have successfully installed Malwarebytes and HitmanPro. Microsoft Essentials says it can't do a scan without the latest update, but it'll never update; it just tells me to check my internet connectivity. I tried downloading stuff using uTorrent, and that works fine, but the upload speed is below 20kb. 

I'm sorry for the long post, but I wanted to point out some things I found out. After googling this, I think I might have a rootkit, but I'm not sure. If no one knows how to solve this, can they at least recommend to best DBAN wipe settings so that it doesn't destroy my hard drive but removes the rootkit? (as I mentioned quick wipe doesnt work). A fast response would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users