Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange problem with Excel file on MacBook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supersadie

supersadie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

Hi

I have a Macbook pro, currently running High Sierra.

I recently created a small spread sheet and saved it. Now every time I try to open it, it doesn't appear.

When I say doesn't appear, I mean it behaves as though I've opened it; there's no error message or hanging, but I just cannot find it.

I have tried - Window/zoom and four finger swipe upwards. It appears perfectly ok in preview on Spotlight.

There's a 165byte temp file with the same name.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sarah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

In Spotlight's list, scroll all the way down and  double click on "Show all in Finder...". At the bottom of the Finder window it should show the path to where spread sheet resides. Is it the original or the temp file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users