Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascript not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tankeverygame2

tankeverygame2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hi guys.  I have been trying to get Javascript to work on Chrome and Internet Explorer but to no avail.

I am trying to use Netalyzr.

On chrome, I receive the following message when I test my Java.  

'The Chrome browser does not support NPAPI plug-ins and therefore will not run all Java content. Switch to a different browser (Internet Explorer or Safari on Mac) to run the Java plug-in.'

I have tried all possible methods that I'm aware of.  I have enabled Javascript within the browser settings, enabled browser use within the Java configuration and have the latest Java 32-bit version installed.

On Internet Explorer, I have Java applet scripting enabled within the 'security' section.  Verifying Java displays the following message.

Java is disabled or not installed.

I should note that both Java 32 and 64 bit versions have been installed and enabled.

I have heard that Killer Network Manager interferes with Java so I disabled it to test but to no avail.

I have performed anti-malware and antivirus scans and cleaned my cache as well.

On a side note, my League of Legends game crashed (not responding message) which is why I'm trying to solve this.  My laptop specs are far above the requirements (GT950M) and I play on the lowest settings.  Furthermore, I have a ping of 20ms. When I crashed, I did not disconnect from the internet.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:14 AM

Hi, well java and Javascript have nothing to do with each other, Java is what you are referring to, and it is almost completely deprecated by now. I have copied this from another forum:-

Running Java applets on the web via the Java browser plug-in (which uses the old "Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface": NPAPI), is generally insecure. In fact, loading any plug-ins via NPAPI is considered insecure, so all the major browser makers are moving away from it.

Oracle recommends Microsoft Internet Explorer for people on Windows who still want to run Java applets in their browser. Internet Explorer 11 still supports NPAPI plug-ins, including Java. You can even run it on Windows 10. You don't have to run Edge, Microsoft's modern browser, if you don't want to.

Mozilla Firefox's "Extended Support Release" (ESR) apparently still supports NPAPI and thus Java.

You may need to go to Java.com to download and install the latest version of Java, to make sure the latest Java NPAPI web browser plug-in gets installed correctly.

Because of these browser changes, modern websites have abandoned Java and Flash for interactive features. Art creation "apps" on the web are built with native web technologies like JavaScript (which is a totally different technology than Java, despite the name) and canvas nowadays. These are safer technologies that are built into every browser.

If you really still need to run a Java applet after the last NPAPI browsers are gone, there may be ways to download them and run them from your own hard drive, but that's a bit beyond the scope of this question.

#3 tankeverygame2

tankeverygame2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

Hi, well java and Javascript have nothing to do with each other, Java is what you are referring to, and it is almost completely deprecated by now. I have copied this from another forum:-

Running Java applets on the web via the Java browser plug-in (which uses the old "Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface": NPAPI), is generally insecure. In fact, loading any plug-ins via NPAPI is considered insecure, so all the major browser makers are moving away from it.

Oracle recommends Microsoft Internet Explorer for people on Windows who still want to run Java applets in their browser. Internet Explorer 11 still supports NPAPI plug-ins, including Java. You can even run it on Windows 10. You don't have to run Edge, Microsoft's modern browser, if you don't want to.

Mozilla Firefox's "Extended Support Release" (ESR) apparently still supports NPAPI and thus Java.

You may need to go to Java.com to download and install the latest version of Java, to make sure the latest Java NPAPI web browser plug-in gets installed correctly.

Because of these browser changes, modern websites have abandoned Java and Flash for interactive features. Art creation "apps" on the web are built with native web technologies like JavaScript (which is a totally different technology than Java, despite the name) and canvas nowadays. These are safer technologies that are built into every browser.

If you really still need to run a Java applet after the last NPAPI browsers are gone, there may be ways to download them and run them from your own hard drive, but that's a bit beyond the scope of this question.

Thanks for the reply.

The Internet Explorer that I refer to in the OP is Internet Explorer 11.  I have downloaded, installed and enabled 32-bit and 64-bit Java on the Java configuration and IE11's settings.  I don't know what else to do.  Yes I am running Windows 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users