Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ME 2 XP without a disk?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bravestarr5

bravestarr5

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:51 AM

Hi there, this could get some very quick replies i know but i thought i'd ask anyway. I've just bought a preowned pc very cheaply because it had XP on the HDD, I'm using ME and wondered if it's possible to transfer the entire drive (if necessary) onto my old (and superior) system.

Thanx for any help you can give.
bravestarr5

Edited by bravestarr5, 14 December 2004 - 09:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 12:01 AM

If you do not mind backing up all your data on your me computer, and then reinstalling all the programs, you can use ghost to make an image of the xp drive and than restore that iamge to ME drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users