Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making a thumbdrive bootable as a OS backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eagle7779

eagle7779

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

I know that it's possible to backup your OS to a thumbdrive for recovery purposes, my question is: is it possible to put more than one OS on one thumbdrive so I can recover for multiple computers with multiple OS's from one thumbdrive or does each one need its own thumbdrive.

Edited by britechguy, 13 November 2017 - 03:30 PM.
Support, not Discussion. Presume Windows 10 since initial post was in Windows 10 Discussion

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 retupmocgnipeelb

retupmocgnipeelb

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hello. Give this a read. Might help.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-install-multiple-bootable-operating-systems-on-one-usb-stick/

Good luck.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

You can have installation media for several versions of Windows on one flash drive, but you are going to need software to select the version you wish to installed.  With flash drives being so inexpensive now I would suggest purchasing a flash drives so that you can create individual flash drives for each version you want to use.  In the long run this is the easiest way to go about this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users