Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to upgrade my PC?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixstopmotions

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

I have an old HP Pavilion s7000. It has a Celeron CPU and I think has 1GB of RAM. Since I don't know anything about upgrading I was wondering if you could help me figure out if any better equipment such as a new CPU, more RAM or anything like that would fit into it. I don't know if the power supply will be enough to power this or if the motherboard can support any upgrades. I can't seem to find any proper specs for my model of computer which is why I am asking here to see if anyone knows if I can upgrade it to be usable again.

Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,008 posts
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

Worth A Look.

If it were me...rather than dumping money into that system...I would just replace it...with either a refurb or a newer system.  The technology of that system does not merit additional cash outlays, IMO.

Some Refurb Examples.

Edited by hamluis, 13 November 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#3 MadmanRB

• Members
  • 2,484 posts
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

I agree, if this was say a core2duo system we may have something but its a celeron and upping it may not pay off or even be possible depending on the BIOS on that old HP.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users