to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.
Thank you for your patience thus far.
Do you have a separate modem and router or is it a combo?
Please do this.
- Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.
- Close all open programs and browsers
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appears
- Click Scan
- Once the scan has completed if there are threats found you will see Found 3 threats or something similar above the progress bar
- Click each tab under Results and uncheck any items you want to keep
- Click on Clean
- Confirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OK
- Click OK twice to finish the removal process by automatically rebooting your computer
- Once completed an AdwCleaner document will open on your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents in your reply
===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your Desktop. <<< Important
- Double click the icon
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of each report in separate reply windows
- Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop
- Please close any Firefox browsers you may have open
- Double click the icon to launch the program
- Make sure only the following options are checked:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
- Click Go and once the scan is completed a MTB.txt Notepad document will open on your desktop
- Please copy and paste the contents in your reply
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.
- AdwCleaner log
- FRST results
- Addition log
- MTB log
Edited by Oh My!, 13 November 2017 - 08:53 PM.