Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solid Dark Green Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chainshada

Chainshada

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Hi there,

My computer had been asleep most of the day, and I just now woke it, everything went on fine, then about 30secs later the screen changed to a solid, dark green.  I tried turning the monitor on and off, unplugging then plugging back in, tried a different HDMI cable and a different monitor, no change.  My PC is about 4-5 years old, upgraded the video card earlier this year but no problems until now, even with long gaming sessions.  Any advice on what could have been the cause? It's only happened the one time, but I'm worried it might happen again.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

did you reboot your computer?  I see you unplugged the monitor.

sleep mode & hibernation modes usually have issues when waking up for a lot of people.  computer services don't always restart correctly and it causes issues.  it's best to just shutdown and reboot instead of sleep/hibernation.

#3 Chainshada

Chainshada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

I restarted and it worked fine, I tried to update my video drivers and it said there was an error with a file and unable to update, so I uninstalled my driver in safe mode, and reinstalled the latest.  I'm just a bit paranoid as my aim with upgrading my gpu at the start of this year was to keep it chugging along until late 2018/early 2019 before doing a fresh build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users