Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing Stripped Screw Out Screw Bases, Ripped Off Cover Holders On Laptop

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

Where are the good OEM parts outlets at online?  

I was looking at the laptop case parts on Ebay, and they are steep.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

The newer the unit the higher the price will be as scrap parts would be rare.

#18 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

I see. 

Are there some main shop outlets where it's all centralized and bottle necked.....or no?  If I'm working on cars I have choices of junkyards and different kinds of junkyards some will come get a car that is broken down or just unwanted, and they'll pay on the spot for it.  In Japan I know there are better outlets for the used supplies.  I've seen them on youtube.  I would think something exists here already besides ebay.  

#19 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 290 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

you have computer junkyards too, they are called ebay, amazon.   I use them all the time to find oem parts.  these are my goto sites before i hit authorized vendor sites.  and usually can get parts for pennies on the dollar.

if I can find an actual part number then I use google and start looking for the best price I can find.

#20 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

you have computer junkyards too, they are called ebay, amazon.   I use them all the time to find oem parts.  these are my goto sites before i hit authorized vendor sites.  and usually can get parts for pennies on the dollar.

if I can find an actual part number then I use google and start looking for the best price I can find.

Ya  :thumbsup2:  That's what I do for basically everything.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users