Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet wont open, MS Windows opens and shuts down - I can't run anything

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amymaerten

Amymaerten

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

My laptop has been operating slowly for a few weeks. I ran ccleaner and antivirus software and removed threats. This last week, it keep freezing up until yesterday when it completely froze. I was able to periodically close the open internet sites on Chrome and open documents on MS Word. I restarted it three or four times, but now I can't open internet or MS applications. When I try, there is a long wait time, the apps open, and then either stop responding or immediately just shut down. My screensaver, which is photos from my pictures still runs, and my email notifications still pop up every now and then through a messages app on my computer. But I can't do anything except for see the list of messages. I tried to run task manager after start up and there was nothing running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 25techsupport

25techsupport

• Banned Spammer
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:56 AM

Kindly share your computer model number how much RAM, hard disc free space available, Windows 10 or Windows 7

#3 Amymaerten

Amymaerten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Hi 25techsupport,

Thanks so much for responding. My laptop is a Dell Inspirion 3512 with Windows 10.  It has 4.00GB of RAM installed, 3,87 GB usable.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

If they find that you're clean, post back here for some reports to run.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users