Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Antivirus for flash drives?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Codaeus

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Been researching this for my home PC, and whittled down the choices to three: McShield, Bitdefender USB Immunizer, & SmadAV 2017. I'd like to hear opinions/recommendations on these, as I am sort of stuck deciding which to pick.

Edited by hamluis, 12 November 2017 - 01:01 PM.
Moved from XP to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,745 posts
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

Most anti-virus solutions include the option to scan USB drives.

MCShield is an antimalware program (not an anti-virus) designed to prevent infections transmitted via removable drives.
Bitdefender USB Immunizer is a stand-alone program that disables autorun-related threats before they access the computer.

If you are just looking for USB Protection Tools:

Note Panda Computer Vaccination will prevent any AutoRun file from running, regardless of whether the removable device is infected or not.
Panda USB Vaccination disables the autorun file so it cannot be read, modified or replaced and creates an Autonrun.inf as protection against malicious code. Panda Security advises that once USB drives have been vaccinated, they cannot be reversed except with a format. If you do this, be sure to back up your data files first or they will be lost during the formatting process.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users