Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wikipedia, so what`s the scoop? Details, elaborations etc. thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Location:This tiny speck in the universe somewhere in the middle of time.
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Tips? pros cons, views good, bad, fake, sublime? chaos or couldn't be more perfect!  Things not to do, how to even sign in, not to sign in, is anonymous really able to edit like one's with accounts? Are certain ways of logging in frowned on? Are there a secular few that seem to limit certain topics?, then it would hardly be worth any professional's time. Why certain stable fortress emails NOT ALLOWED , etc etc. on and on and on, any thoughts much appreciated!

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 11 November 2017 - 08:25 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

Okay,  :huh:  I guess this was a fail, sheeze just thought a geek site would have some thoughts, oh wellz.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#3 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,035 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

I don't understand your question completely, could you explain more about what exactly you're asking about?
Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#4 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Some info:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/wikipedia-reliable-tips-find/

#5 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

RE:::::

. . . don't understand your question . . . what exactly you're asking about?

Oh I was just curious , the vibe, other's thoughts, the PULSE OF THE NETIZENZZZZZZZZZZ you know.   I thought about stopping by but if its a waste because of holier than thou snot-nosed kids tending it then I won't bother, then it was a one night wonder you know.  Granted, one of the largest internet enigmas of the time, I would give it that HA!

OH ! Much Thanks and so so! appreciated pointer / link! there RAD MAN!

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 16 November 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,890 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

wikipedia is a great online resource.    It's not perfect, but it is good.   If you see something that doesn't pass your sniff test, which should be relatively rare, then research it in more depth elsewhere.

My approach to wikipedia is, "trust, but verify if anything appears to be off."   They've certainly gotten better controls over the years as far as who can update and with some editorial oversight (though not anything like a good, old-fashioned publishing house).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#7 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Oh so glad you posted you're the guy I'm after eeeh erhm eh! that didn't come out / sound right anyways I so much appreciate PICKLING I MEAN PICKING YOUR BRAIN HAHAHAHAHA!

In closing/ RECAP !:::: THANKS !   Oh clarity/qualifieered!::: """glad you posted you're the guy I'm after eeeh erhm eh! that didn't come out"" my pitiful attempt at humour/humor.

UPDATE:::: BEST PART ! "   doesn't pass your sniff test, which should be relatively rare, then research it   """

And UPDATE TWO ! followed premium link provided by RAD MAN! and have been checking out this and it seems to have links to some of the finest parts of wikipedia:  http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-ways-to-learn-something-new-every-day-with-wikipedia/

THE END

OH ! THANKS TO ALL FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED, good day ta-tAH! and all that.  THE END !

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 16 November 2017 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users