Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop external speakers buzzing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 princecanthony

princecanthony

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

My desktop computer is causing my external speakers to buzz. I tried plugging the speakers into other sources and they are all fine. The buzzing is even persistent through HDMI audio. I experimented with plugging the external speaker into the 3.5mm recording port and it buzzed as well. Please help me find a solution!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sagedog

Sagedog

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

Have you tried re-routing your cables? It sounds like induced hum from RF sources.

#3 princecanthony

princecanthony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

Thank you for your reply. There are no signal producing devices around the speaker wires nor computer. I also unplugged all Wifi and USB cables.

#4 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

You can get an RF signal from anything with an electric current. Usually an electrical component going bad like a fan motor can give off "extra" signals. It could be the solder joint of the 3.5mm jack is loose and causing extra electrical resistance which can cause a "hum". Shielding in cable is usually sufficient to block this but when something changes and the RF exceeds the shielding threshold, then you get the hum. 

It could be something as simple as dust binding on a fan motor. 

Edited by xrobwx, 12 November 2017 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users