Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop error while trying to save files, any fixes?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 po7pwn

po7pwn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

I've been using Photoshop for around 6 months on this PC and all of a sudden I've started to get a particular error which doesn't allow me to save files.

The error reads:  "C:\Users\Name\Desktop\filename File not found. Check the file name and try again later."

I've scanned my computer various times and tried a whole bunch of fixed from various sources but nothing seems to fix this. It seems like a permissions issue and i can't figure it out.

Has anyone faced the same/similar problem and had any good advice on how I can fix this?

P.S. I have even tried to reinstall Photoshop.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Can you use "Save As" or "Save A Version"?  Is anything with the word "save" grayed-out, or are the commands simply not there? Are you trying to save to an already existing file name, or are you saving a fresh graphic for the first time?  The error message sounds like you are attempting to over-write an existing file on your desktop. Can you "Save As" to a different folder on the drive, not the desktop?

Edited by ranchhand_, 28 November 2017 - 12:59 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users