Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth completely unusable in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher21

Crusher21

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

Hello,

I've been having a ton of bluetooth problems ever since I updated to the recent feature update that modified the way the Bluetooth UI looks. I reverted back to the previous build in an attempt to fix the problem but bluetooth was still not working, even after uninstalling/reinstalling/manually updating drivers and a load of other things. So I decided that I might as well go back to the update. When I said bluetooth wasn't working before, I meant that I could turn bluetooth on but I couldn't pair with any of my previously paired devices and if i removed the devices, it would not be able to re-find them (or any others). However, I noticed that on this new update, Windows is indeed able to find my devices but they aren't displayed by their names but rather by "Communication device" and "Speakers". But no matter how many times i try to pair with them, it never succeeds. I've repeatedly tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail. Right now I'm using the "Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0" driver. 

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 25techsupport

25techsupport

• Banned Spammer
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

unplugged the Bluetooth device from your computer Check whether you have install the correct drivers for bluetooth in Windows 10

go to device manager and show all devices and uninstall the bluetooth devices that you find the list and also then restart the Computer and then run a registry cleaner and Also check if you have bluetooth audio drivers go to the sounds under device manager and uninstall then plugging the device and that install the driver make sure to run a registry cleaner by using Ccleaner  

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,000 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

make sure to run a registry cleaner by using Ccleaner  

As a note, BleepingComputer does not recommend the use of registry cleaners for any purpose.  For the detailed reasons why this is the case, see the topic entitled, Registry Cleaners?

Registry Cleaners should be assiduously avoided.

CCleaner is a great product, but its registry cleaner function should not be used.

Edited by britechguy, 11 November 2017 - 09:38 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 Crusher21

Crusher21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for the advice. I finally figured out the problem. I was for sure that I had Intel's bluetooth card in my laptop so I never double checked. However, after checking my bios specifications, it appears that I have the Killer bluetooth card. I have installed the corresponding driver and now everything works perfectly!

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

For the future - Device Manager can be a very good friend !

Not only does it show any hardware problems, it will also identify your hardware components if you expand the entries.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users