Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mini display port on Alienware 17 R4

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kai_L

Kai_L

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

I have a question about the mini display port on an alienware 17r4. I have been trying to find an answer on the internet but haven't had any luck. My question is how many hertz can a mini display port handle at a resolution of 1080p? Every time I look this up I keep finding things about how apple made it in 2008 but haven't seen any real spec. On top of that, it sound like there are multiple versions of this port and alienware doesn't specify which version is on the 17r4. I'm thinking about getting a gaming monitor, but I don't want to spend the money if the mini display port can't support at least 1080p at 120hz. It has an HDMI output as well but that seems to be capped at 60hz. I would appreciate any input on the matter, thanks.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users