Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Transfer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

I need some help. My wife uses Yahoo for her email, but for the last couple of days it has not been allowing her to open her messages. It says cannot load.

I was wondering is there a way to transfer her Yahoo contacts to AOL (that's what she would like to use) and if I am able to transfer will her email messages she has in her Yahoo inbox go with the transfer? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,380 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

How is she reading her Yahoo mail?  I just tested my account with Yahoo using the web interface and it's having no issues at all.  If she's using an e-mail client it could be a problem with the e-mail client itself.

It is a simple matter in the Yahoo Classic Webmail interface to go to Contacts, select all, then use the Export feature to get them all in a file that can be imported elsewhere.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#3 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

She goes to Google via Google Chrome to Yahoo Mail. So I will Select all Contacts and Export, will this also carry over all email messages?

#4 25techsupport

25techsupport

• Banned Spammer
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

this is nothing to do with Yahoo, unable to load Yahoo Mail means that your browser is having some issues This is the Google Chrome is unable to load your Yahoo Mail either you need to open the email in in cognitive mode using Google Chrome or try a different browser or you need to delete the cache cookies or reset your Google Chrome browser this is not a big problem it is just a very simple  problem that can be fixed by yourself also

#5 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

This is good to hear. I did try a different Browser and I did try cleaning the browsing history along with cache. I just did a clear of everything with a reboot and the mail is now working.

I appreciate all the help so much. She would still like to change because shes had issues with Yahoo in the past. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Tom  

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,380 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

The fact that Yahoo supports only POP3 access [or did the last time I checked, anyway] is reason enough to stop using it if you need to access your mail from multiple devices and are not using the web interface on all of them.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#7 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

The fact that Yahoo supports only POP3 access [or did the last time I checked, anyway] is reason enough to stop using it if you need to access your mail from multiple devices and are not using the web interface on all of them.

That is a surprising statement.  ymail  (part of Yahoo) seems to still work through Thunderbird, although the account I have I have not received messages nor sent any for several months; as it is an account I have which I keep but did not any longer use.  My ymail account is on Thunderbird as IMAP.

Edited by cafejose, 11 November 2017 - 10:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users