Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Busy with anything lately?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChirunoIceFairy

ChirunoIceFairy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Who's busy with anything recently? Just a simple thread because I can't think what to post today :P

Anyway, I'm not planning anything in the very near future, but will be going up to London at some point in the near future (by the end of 2017). I'm probably going to bring the Compaq Mini with me ^_^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

I have been redoing one of my fish tanks so it can house 5 Betta females.

I think its went OK.

2HKR05a.jpg

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Had a major natural gas leak in my 100 year old house and had to disconnect all of the the gas heaters and cap off every gas outlet and then pressure test the whole system. :(

After finding several leaks I decided to have a professional gas plumber come in and do the repairs at a total cost of almost $3000.00 and yes that is a hell of a lot of money but it had to be done.

Gas is back on so now I've been cleaning and reconnecting all of my wall mounted and free standing natural gas heaters and also replacing all of the gas stops and gas lines with all brand new. :thumbup2:

Thankfully I'm able to do this as the hired out cost would come at $95.00 an hour so yes I have been busy and since I'm 65 years old it takes me twice as long as it would my 35 year old gas plumber.

Good thing I'm retired and have the time to do this and thankful it was repairable and no explosions or fires. :thumbsup:

I love being a homeowner. :)

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

I've been working on Christmas gifts! Along with my love of computers, I have a hobby making paper crafts. Yesterday I finished a paper "Star Book" as a gift for a sister. The book is closed with a ribbon, you can open it up and secure it with the ribbon and it looks like a star! It's meant to be a photo album.

unnamed.jpg

IMG_9451_1.jpg

Book3.jpg

Next week I'm making a paper wallet with 4 greeting cards inside!

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

Nice cards Lisa.

#6 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

I recently saw a large ponytail palm plant at my local garden center (about 4 - 5 feet tall) in their indoor plant department. It was part of their clearance sale (90% off) so I picked it up. I have never seen one that tall at my garden center for years. Couldn't pass up such a good deal!

I will post some pictures of it later.
Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM. 

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#7 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

I'm  just about to begin the final stage of restoration of a grandfather clock from 1978.  The entire wood surface is dry and cracked.  I've lightly smoothed the outer panels with fine steel wool and wipe with a dry cloth.  The next step is best in a 70 degree F and 50% humidity.  Has become too cold to do outside anymore and not willing to attempt inside. I have clear varnish and want to apply three coats. First coat will be smoothed further with more wool and then two nice thin coats to finish.  A wax polish might be called for but I want to see the results first.  It belonged to my grandfather and will give it to my oldest son when finished.  I need to do this before dec 25.

#8 Naught McNoone

Naught McNoone

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

@The-Toolman,

I have been doing some renovations, myself.

Putting a new shower in ground floor level.

With 10 adults in the house over Christmas Week, we will need it.   :gathering:

Cheers!

Naught

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users