Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost partition and photos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 darrenels

darrenels

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hello,I recently purchased a 1tb toshiba external hard drive to copy wifes photos too,which I did,all fine.I then downloaded a windows 10 iso because her laptop was playing up,I ended up buying a new laptop and plugged the toshiba hdd in to copy photos too (about 42 Gb),I deleted iso file and looked for photos but could not find then and now it says 32gb unallocated and 899 gb raw healthy primary partition is disc manager.

The hd is not showing up in This pc,how do i get it show in This pc,how do i get it to show 1tb,and more importantly how do I get her photos back,thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hello and Welcome,

Download Testdisk for Windows. Unzip the file to a folder on your desktop. Attach the Toshiba drive and start Testdisk. Select Analyze > Quick Search. If it can located the partitions after a Quick Search highlight each and press the "P" key. Do you see your files?

Your Toshiba drive on Testdisk will be called something like sdb or sdc. You should be able to pick the correct one by size. It will also show the drive maker.

Read through the below guide first. Your steps will be up to and including the Quick Search for partition discovery.

Testdisk step by step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users