Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear FR314 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SOS

SOS

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:00 AM

Hi All,

First post here. I am currently running Windows XP Pro (SP 2) behind a Netgear FR314 router. My difficulty is that the router keeps on losing the date and time settings and defaulting back to 01/01/1900. At first I thought it might be a firware issue and reinstalled the original firmware but this only gives me the choice of choosing a timezone and not the ability to set the time and date. The newest firmware version for netgear's site when loaded allows me to select a timezone and to set the date and time, but the router only holds that for about 24 hours and then it reverts back to 01/01/1900.

It doesn't affect the router's capability but any log files and alerts dumped to my email have the 01/01/1900 datestamp and it is just quite annoying.

Has anyone else come across this and does anyone have any advice for sorting the problem

Many thanks

SOS

Edited by SOS, 14 December 2004 - 09:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 12:00 AM

When it revers check your log and see if the router is rebooting? Could be a bad battery in the firewall.

#3 SOS

SOS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:09 AM

Grinler,

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the delay in replying. Having done a hard reset of teh router it has managed to hold the date and time for about 10 days now. It would appear that it renews its lease every 24 hours so the "Lease Expires on.." line always shows tomorrow's date and time.

Thanks again for the reply

Regards

SOS

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:01 AM

Not a problem...do not hesitate to come back if it happens again