Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video output after switching case...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris1982

Chris1982

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:25 AM

Ok, going to try and make this as short as possible.

Built a new pc on a Cosmos 1000 case (that I used for my previus build). Everything worked fine. Moved it to a Thermaltake P7 and now I don't get any video output. The first thing I noticed the first time I powered the system on was the Asus 1080Ti breathing orange/amber.

This is what I get when I turn it on:

Things I've tried.....

Reseated everything

Unscrewed mobo and placed it on top of a magazine to see if there was any type of conductivity issue

Tested all RAM modules

Cleared CMOS

Switched from GPU to integrated

Tried different monitors (including cables)

Different 7700k's

Tried blowing every slot possible (I own a husky)

Tried booting with no drives plugged in

I'm getting pretty desperate here. I know my way around computers, but by no means an expert. I have never had any issues with any of my builds up till now. And after trying anything possible to my knowledge, I feel like I am missing something.

Specs:

Case: Thermaltake P7

PSU: Corsair HX1000W

CPU: Intel 7700k

Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Extreme

RAM: G.Skill DDR4 3866 32GB

GPU: Asus GTX 1080Ti OC

OS Drive: Samsug 960 Evo 500GB

Any help is really appreciated!!

Edited by Chris1982, 10 November 2017 - 02:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

It seems you tried everything possible. The only idea I have if you haven't tried it already is powercycling the motherboard. Pull the power, I hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power and hope it boots. The monitor functions if you see the ASUS logo. I'm assuming you can't access UEFI, correct?

#3 Chris1982

Chris1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

It seems you tried everything possible. The only idea I have if you haven't tried it already is powercycling the motherboard. Pull the power, I hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power and hope it boots. The monitor functions if you see the ASUS logo. I'm assuming you can't access UEFI, correct?

Already tried that, forgot to include it on the list. Correct, I get no signal whatsover on the monitor so I'm unable to access UEFI.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

After your diagnostic list powercycling was my only idea. Even the LED codes looked normal. I did notice in the manual you can switch between BIOS 1 and BIOS 2 using a switch (page 1-14). Did you give that a try also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users