Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to use Bluetooth headphones with an HP 15 Notebook PC

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 txstoby

txstoby

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

Since I could not get my headphones to work  with the headphone jack, I bought some Bluetooth earbuds.  Can anyone tell me how to see if they will work?  I am not sure that this computer will support them.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Does your computer have Bluetooth because if it doesn't you can't without some Bluetooth adapter plugged into your 3.5mm or USB port to allow the headphones to connect to your PC. 

#3 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

I do not know if it has Bluetooth or not.  I used the HP assistant and it runs me around with how to connect but where I am supposed to look but nothing appears.   I am afraid that my jack might not work so I am not sure if an adapter would work.  

I have been trying to fix my headphones but nothing seems to work.  I uninstalled my Realtek driver and then reinstalled the driver yet the laptop does not recognize the headphones when plugged in and no sound at all comes from the headphones.

#4 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Could you provide the model for the laptop? Should be able to pull it up using FN-ESC and look at Product Number

#5 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

HP 15 Notebook PC

Product Number  Lot74U!#ABA

Serial Number  CND510042R

#6 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

HP 15 Notebook PC

Product Number  Lot74U!#ABA

Serial Number  CND510042R

Thank you  :tophat:

After looking up the laptop it doesn't have Bluetooth built in at all. You would have to use a BT dongle for a BT Headset or get your 3.5mm jack working.

#7 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the info.  Where does the BT dongle plug in?  

#8 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

All depends on your headphones you have, they can have a USB connection or a 3.5mm one.

#9 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

I bought some Bluetooth earbuds.  I have researched the Bluetooth dongle.  It says that it connects to the USB port.  If so, once dongle is attached will that ensure that I will now have sound through the speakers?

#10 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

I bought some Bluetooth earbuds.  I have researched the Bluetooth dongle.  It says that it connects to the USB port.  If so, once dongle is attached will that ensure that I will now have sound through the speakers?

Can't guarantee that but its your next best option to having the 3.5 fixed. or get some USB headphones

#11 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

Ok I got the BT earbuds and a BT dongle.  I plugged the dongle in, turned BT on in settings, made the computer discoverable then paired the earbuds with the computer, still no sound from the computer, only in the computer speakers.

Please help

#12 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,305 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

What have you set your output device to?  The default is the computer's speakers.

Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback Tab.   You must have your Bluetooth Adapter plugged in and paired with some audio device before it will show up as an option in the Playback tab.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#13 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

It shows the Realtek Speaker.headphones as the default device and the Bluetooth headphones as disconnected.  I do not know how to disable the Realtek and connect the BT

#14 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,305 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Can you post a screen shot?

If your headphones have already been paired with your computer, the dongle is in the USB port, and the headphones are on I would think that they would not be showing an "not connected" status.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#15 txstoby

txstoby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Now it shows the BT device as the default device with a green check

Now it shows the BT device as the default device with a green check. And now it works!!! Gracias to all

Now it shows the BT device as the default device with a green check. And now it works!!! Gracias to all

Is there any way to get any more volume?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users