Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Malwarbytes Anti ransomeware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

I dont know where to report this, but because I found MAR here, I thought I would post it

Problem while using Gimp certain files would give error messages while thumbnails are opening.

I watched the task manager to see if I could tell what was going on and noticed that MAR was going on when all the messages were being kicked out

What happens is, when using Gimp, these error messages pop up about 1 every second

I shut off MAR and the error messages stopped. It wasnt just one it kept kicking them out as long as I on certain files

It said that previews of the thumbnail are forbidden   Anyway, I hope this helps refining MAR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

It would be best for you to create a topic on MalwareBytes' forums. They have a dedicated sub-forum to the Anti-Ransomware program, which is in beta still.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/172-anti-ransomware-beta/

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

Topic moved to more appropriate forum.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017