Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen goes dim

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Help.

My screen goes dim when I plugged it in. I tried to increase the brightness but nothing happened. It just getting more darker. Then, when I'm set it to zero, something weird happened. It just got little brighter. The brightness seems like its inverted (darker - brighter). I though maybe it just a driver problem. So, I open Device Manager, Display Adapters and check if it has an update. But, after installing the updates, nothing happened. Even when I change my adapter to Microsoft Basic Visual Adapter, the screen keeps dark.

So, I connected my laptop to my TV. Guess what? It work just fine. I think its the driver or my screen have a problem.

Anyway, here my system info :
Asus X441S
Windows 10 Home Single Language (x64)
Intel Celeron
Ram 4GB
Hard disk 100GB
Intel HD Graphics

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

What monitor are you using?

What connection type?

What is the age of the monitor?

#3 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

I don't know what monitor is it. The screen is very dim to see the system info. The connection type is the HDMI and the monitor just one and a half year.

#4 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

Also, I'll do a snipping on my computer and send it to my phone. If its brightness are normal, definitely my screen have a problem.

#5 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:19 AM

Also, I'll do a snipping on my computer and send it to my phone. If its brightness are normal, definitely my screen have a problem.

Well yeah the screenshot is gonna capture the graphics card is displaying not what your monitor is showing. In all honesty it sounds either like the monitor is bad or you need to try another cable to see if the issue persist on your display if it does you might have to look into replacing the display. Sounds like LCD deterioration or bad hardware in the screen.

#6 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

Nope, the screenshot brightness is normal. So, its not the driver faults but the LCD display. Also, I've tested it with the HDMI and it work just fine.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

Is the desktop too dark to see it?

If it is this could be either the backlight or inverter failing.  If this is the backlight you can shine a bright flashlight at the screen and you should be able to see the desktop.  If this is the inverter you will need to replace this to see if this solves the problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, I can see it a little. But it was too dark to see even in a dark area. The brightness seems to be 0%.
This happen when I'm trying to plugging in my laptop. The possibly cause this thing is the backlight have burned.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,283 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

Did you shine a bright light on the screen to see if you can see the desktop clearly?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

In all honesty sounds like you need to purchase another monitor as your appears to be dying.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,283 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

In all honesty sounds like you need to purchase another monitor as your appears to be dying.

In the OP's first post they posted the make and model of this computer... Asus X441S

This is a laptop which does not use a monitor as it has its own display.  This consists of a LCD display, a backlight, and an inverter.  We will have to wait for the OP to reply to learn if this is the backlight.

#12 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

In the OP's first post they posted the make and model of this computer... Asus X441S

This is a laptop which does not use a monitor as it has its own display.  This consists of a LCD display, a backlight, and an inverter.  We will have to wait for the OP to reply to learn if this is the backlight.

I honestly didn't check the model, its just appeared as if he was using an external display. But yes lets wait for OP to get back to us.

#13 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Attached File  bluetooth.PNG   612.87KB   1 downloads

Well, this the screenshot result.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,283 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

You consider this to be a dark image???

#15 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

I know, its not the driver faults but the LCD display.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users