Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

THINKPAD T400 screen wont come on.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Corey22294

Corey22294

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hello i uave a thinkpad t400, that when i turn on, the screen will not come on. It will however come on if i turn it on and instantly close the lid of the laptop, it take about 15 minutes, then when u open the lid, i will be at my login screen, this is annoying due to the fact if i needed to install a new version of windows etc. Any help is apreciated

Edited by hamluis, 10 November 2017 - 06:08 PM.
Moved from Buying New to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The best way to deal with this would probably be to connect an external monitor.  If the problem persists after you install the new version of Windows it is most likely a hardware issue.

Edited by Kilroy, 09 November 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#3 Corey22294

Corey22294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

It does persist, i e tryed sticki g dofferent Hard drive with difrent os

#4 Corey22294

Corey22294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

The screen just wontt rurn on unless i close the lid and wait like 15 minutes, and open

#5 Corey22294

Corey22294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Still notta?

#6 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Still notta?

One may need to take apart that thinkpad to confirm that there is no cable(s) and/or connector(s) loose or damaged. It may be that the proper video card driver(s) are not installed or have become corrupt. This would be difficult to diagnose without the laptop physically present: Only guesses....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users