Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS 10 Multiple errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sidhu87

sidhu87

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Recently after restartting my systems, following things are happening:
1. logon screen has gone and now dos screen pops up for login
2. start button is not responding
3. If i try to install any new software,it says "this app cant run on your PC"
4. Most shortcuts at clicking says "class not registered" (explorer.exe)

need your help here pls..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

The first thing I'd suggest is seeing if a hard shutdown (hold the power button down until the machine shuts off), done three times in succession, will get the Windows 10 recovery environment to come up.  If it does you could try the repair option.

If that does not work, then before continuing I would extract your hard drive and make a backup of all of your user data.  If you already keep backups on a regular basis then doing this will not be necessary.

Next, if you were not already on Version 1709, I would consider following the instructions to Updating Windows 10 using the Windows 10 ISO file but with changing the early steps to boot from the media you create, since the machine you've got on your hands is not booting up fully.

If that doesn't work then it's time for a clean install of Windows 10 using the media you created and used to attempt the upgrade.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#3 sidhu87

sidhu87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:20 PM

thannks for the post... the problem is that even after mounting the image for update it does not work as i  cannot acess any .exe file. it gives me error "This app can't run on your PC"

so even if i downlaod The Media Creation Tool  it does not work as it is .exe

#4 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hi, can you access the RE (recovery environment) after following britecheguy 's startup suggestion. See if you can access safe mode, if so open a cmd prompt and activate the hidden admin account, to do so at the prompt type:-

net user administrator /active:yes (press enter, restart computer) use the 'switch user option' under shutdown to access the account.

Using this account see if the app's open... Let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users