Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU automatically shut down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaxMilesFox

MaxMilesFox

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

Can someone help me? My laptop automatically shut down

I'm using Asus X441S with Intel Celeron running Windows 10. My laptop automatically shut down after I plugged it in. I'm trying to force-reboot it and see if its work. After restart, the screen not showing anything. I'm checking the fan and processor to make sure its running. About 1 to 2 minutes later, the fan stopped and also the processor. The LED indicator light up in white but nothing happened. I try to check if the under was overheat but its not.
I'm trying to reboot it again but the same happened.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

Try uplugging the power lead, removing the battery and then pressing and holding in the power button for 20 seconds or so to drain any residual power.

Then plug in the power lead and see if it boot now when you press the power button. If yes, put your battery back in as well.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

Try forcing the computer to boot into the Recovery Options to repair the computer.  Step 1. explains how to force Windows to boot to the Recovery Options.

1. Press the power button to start the computer.  When Windows begins to boot press and hold the power button until the computer turns off.  Continue to do this until you see Recovery, select the See advanced repair options.  This usually will take two or three restarts to do this.

2. You will see the option Troubleshoot, select this option.

3. The next option you want is Reset this PC.

This option will reinstall the operating system with the option to keep your personal files.  The downside of this is that this will uninstall all of your third party applications.  There will be an option to view the applications which will be uninstalled, I would suggest copying this list for a future reference.

Edited by dc3, 10 November 2017 - 10:58 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

Please post the make and model of this laptop, include the whole model information.

You posted that you now can't boot the computer at all, is this still the case or will it boot after being allowed to set for a while?

In order to discern what is happening here I need to know if you can boot into the BIOS. 

Incidentally, the BIOS is the best place to check the laptop's temperature.  The BIOS takes the reading straight from the sensors.  This about as accurate as you are going to get when relying on these sensors which are noted to be "almost accurate".  Programs used to read these temperatures are one step removed from the actual readings, I wouldn't rely on these.  With the computer is its current condition you are not going to be able to run any of these programs unless it is run from bootable media, I don't know of a diagnostic application which does this.

If you leave the computer off for fifteen or twenty minutes will the computer boot and stay on for a longer period?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users